Don’t miss out! Buy your early bird tickets before June 1 and save
To mark its 15th year, the Sugar Maple Music Festival will offer even more family-friendly fun, plus a stellar line-up of diverse and talented musicians you won’t hear on the same stage anywhere else.
Held Aug. 3-4 at Lake Farm County Park in Madison, the festival showcases American roots music including Americana, bluegrass, Blues, Cajun, cowboy music, Old Time and more. The interactive event also includes jams for beginners and experienced musicians alike and a stage devoted entirely to interviews and workshops with and by musicians.
But for the 15th year there will be even more fun. A climbing wall for all ages and a make-an-instrument workshop for kids will add to the excitement. There will even be youth performances when students from local groups MadFiddle and Music con Brio take to both stages to show their stuff on Saturday.
We are also we are working on having the option of “assisted listening” available at this year’s festival.
And there’s more.
In addition to the popular Saturday morning Bloody Mary jam, this year Sarah Driscoll of the Awful Purdies, an eclectic all-woman band from Iowa, will lead a Vinyasa flow yoga session for all levels and body types. And, of course you won’t want to miss our stellar musical line up, culminating in a Saturday evening performance by The Travelin’ McCourysthat will make you want to kick up your heels.
What are you waiting for? Buy your tickets now, before the price goes up June 1!
Purchase Sugar Maple Music Festival tickets during the month of May and take advantage of the early-bird ticket price! Two-day passes available here for $25 each.
This year’s line-up includes The Travelin’ McCourys, Pieta Brown, The Tillers, Sam Broussard, Hubby Jenkins plus more. Any one of these performances would be worth the ticket price alone!
Mark your calendars for the 15th annual Sugar Maple Music Festival, August 3-4 and get your early-bird tickets now! Early-bird prices in effect through May 31, 2018.
As you wrap up this season of gift-giving, consider a donation to the Sugar Maple Music Festival.
With your support the Four Lakes Traditional Music Collective, the 501(c)3 that puts on the annual festival, bring acts not normally seen in Madison and builds a community around music. In addition to the two-day Sugar Maple festival we promote a love of music throughout the year with our concerts, workshops and support of local nonprofits that foster a lifelong love of music in kids.
Sugar Maple is a community – and you are part of it. Your generosity helps bring people together under a big tent to celebrate something we can all agree on. Music!
Make your tax-deductible year-end gift here before the end of 2017. It’s easy! And thank you for being part of our community.
We are less than one week away from the 14th annual Sugar Maple Music Festival. Are you as excited as we are?!
Whether this will be your first or fourteenth time at the fest, here are some helpful tips:
- Want a sneak preview of the fest? Check out the Dumpy Jug Bumpers at the UW Union Terrace Thursday August 3 from 5-7 pm.
- Get your tickets now! Advance tickets are available through Thursday on-line and at Willy St. Co-op East and West, Whole Foods, Spruce Tree Music, and Orange Tree Imports.
- Bring the kids; ages 17 and under are free!
- We have food! This year’s vendors include El Grito Taqueria, Melted, Underground Butcher, Wadizzit Traveling Food and Caracas Empanadas (Saturday only). And coffee on Saturday: Let it Ride!
- We have drinks! Beer from Tyranena Brewing Company and mead from Bos Meadery. Yum, yum! And all beer $1 off during the Malt House Happy Hour Set at the festival with the Thistledown Thunders and the Dumpy Jug Bumpers! Friday from 5-7 pm.
- Carry-ins allowed but please support our wonderful food and drink vendors!
- Bring your instruments for jamming! This is an interactive festival and your participation is what sets the Sugar Maple fest apart from other music fests! New this year… a beginner’s jam tent!
- We are a rain or shine event; all of our artists perform under tents or shelters.
- Bring a chair or a blanket to sit on. We have a limited number of chairs, and yours are more comfortable anyway.
- Leave all pets at home. Park
- Bring Cash. We will have an ATM but if you have some $ in your pocket when you come, you will be all set.
- We know you’re social (we’ve seen you on the dance floor!) so get on those internets and spread the word…
- Join us on Sunday August 6 from 3:30-6:30 pm at the first ever Sugar Maple Music Fest Wrap-Up Party! Hosted by Bos Meadery with music by the Sweet Sheiks.
Schedule and more at www.sugarmaplefest.org